Admission Requirements — Special Education
- On-line application.
- Three letters of reference from individuals familiar with the applicant’s potential related to this field.
- A writing sample, such as a graded academic paper, at least 10 pages in length or clinical report of similar length.
- A 3.0 grade point average. If the applicant’s grade point average is below that of a 3.0, the applicant may be accepted on a probationary basis. If probationary status is granted, a formal review will be conducted by the program director after completion of the first three courses where a 3.0 average must be maintained or the applicant will not be able to continue the program.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (official transcripts from all institutions attended must be submitted).
- Passing grades on the Illinois Basic Skills Test.
Applications will be reviewed by the special education admission committee, and applicants will be advised of acceptance on a rolling basis as they are reviewed. Applicants should please note that this program is designed for a fall semester start.