Pending Wisconsin State Board of Nursing approval.
When you graduate from the BSN program, you will be prepared to enter the workforce as a baccalaureate-trained nurse, a highly sought position in hospitals and other care facilities. The RN to BSN completion track is designed to prepare nurses to step into leadership positions and earn positions at prestigious hospitals and care facilities.
Students are admitted to the nursing program after completing all of the prerequisites and general education requirements. The nursing curriculum begins in the student’s junior year.
In addition to the George Williams College of Aurora University undergraduate admission requirements, students applying to the nursing program should:
- All prerequisite courses taken must be completed with a “C” or higher prior to the time of review of the applicant’s file for entry into the School of Nursing. Courses taken after provisional admission and prior to the beginning of the fall semester must be completed with a “C” or better.
- All science prerequisites must have been completed within the last ten years.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75/4.0 scale or 3.42/5.0 at Aurora University or other accredited higher education institution.
- The TEAS (ATI) score is accepted for one year. Applicants may only take the TEAS (ATI) twice in one calendar year. The most recent score will be used for the file review.
- An interview may be requested at the discretion of the School of Nursing Admissions, Policies, and Standards Committee.
- Applicants who are graduates of foreign secondary schools where the primary language is not English must obtain a composite score of at least 550 (or a 213-220) on the computer-based test from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or ESL Level 109.
- The Admissions Committee does not deny an applicant because of an occasional “W” on their transcript. If an applicant has a pattern of excessive withdraws and/or course repeats an interview may be requested.
- Students are required to have successfully completed 60 SH prior to entering the nursing program.
Freshman Direct Admission Option
If you have a minimum ACT score of 23 and a high school GPA of 3.2 or above, you are eligible to apply for direct admission to our School of Nursing as an incoming freshman. Provided that you continue to progress satisfactorily, you will complete your BSN without having to reapply for admission. Apply at, gwc.aurora.edu/apply.