When you graduate from the BSN program, you will be prepared to enter the workforce as a baccalaureate-trained nurse, a highly sought position in hospitals and other care facilities. The RN to BSN completion track is designed to prepare nurses to step into leadership positions and earn positions at prestigious hospitals and care facilities.
RN to BSN Admission Requirements
Students are eligible for admission to the nursing program upon successful admission to George Williams College of Aurora University. Students may apply for admission to GWC and submit official transcripts from all prior academic work to the Office of Admission. Students earn thirty (30) semester hours of prior nursing education in transfer as block credit as part of the transfer evaluation process.
To qualify for admission to the RN to BSN Degree Completion program, you must:
- Be a recent graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or an RN with clinical experience within the past five years. If not, complete a certified RN refresher course.
- Possess a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale at George Williams College, Aurora University or other accredited higher education institution.
- Provide evidence of current Illinois/Wisconsin RN license with completed application.
To apply to the RN to BSN Degree Completion program, you must:
• Complete the online application for admission.
• Submit official transcripts from all prior academic work.
• Submit evidence of Illinois or Wisconsin RN license.