Congratulations, graduates! You will soon be part of the AU alumni family. You've worked hard and we're looking forward to celebrating your accomplishments at Commencement 2015.
GWC Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 2, 2015
The Ferro Pavilion
Countdown to Graduation
November 1, 2014
- Graduation Application becomes available on WebAdvisor
Potential undergraduate degree candidates: If you have not yet received a degree check, please contact the Registrar's Office at 262-245-8535. To complete your degree and receive a diploma, whether or not you plan to participate in the ceremony, you must complete the Graduation Application.
- Verify name to be printed on diploma
- Indicate whether or not you will participate in the ceremony
- Pay graduation fee
- Cap and Gown ordering begins
- Order your cap and gown from colleges.herffjones.com/college/aurora
- You must have a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony
- Cap and gown is free and yours to keep
February 28, 2015
- Deadline for Graduation Application
- If you do not complete the Graduation Application by February 28, your graduation date will be automatically moved to December 2014.
- Deadline to order cap and gown
- You will not be able to participate in the ceremony if you do not order an Aurora University cap and gown.
March 20, 2015
- Graduation packet is mailed to students' permanent address
- Packet will include specifics for your commencement ceremony and tickets for your guests
April 16, 2015 | 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. | Registrar's Office in Winston Paul
April 17, 2015 | 10 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. | Registrar's Office in Winston Paul
April 18, 2015 | 8:30 a.m. - Noon | Registrar's Office in Winston Paul
- Cap and Gown Days
- Pick up cap and gown
- Update information with Office of Alumni Relations
- Financial Aid and Graduate Admission representatives will be available
- Order class ring, diploma frame and personalized announcements
- Purchase souvenir tassels
April 17, 2015
- Registrar receives preliminary spring grades
- These grades are used to determine your participation in the Commencement ceremony.
April 17, 2015 | 2:00 p.m. | Crimi Auditorium, Aurora Campus
- Honors Convocation
- Recipients of the Gold Ivy Leaf and university awards will be recognized. Recipients and their families will be invited to attend via postal mail and email.
Saturday, May 2, 2015
- 10:15 a.m.: Graduating students report to Upper Lewis Hall to line up for ceremony
- 11:00 a.m.: GWC commencement ceremony - The Ferro Pavilion
Graduation Requirements, Grades, Transcripts
Cap and Gown
Announcements, Class Rings and Diploma Frames
Accessibility on Commencement Day
A professional photographer will take each graduate's photo as they receive their diploma. The graduate will receive a proof of the photos via email after the ceremony and will be able to order prints.
Cameras are permitted, but guests are asked to remain in their seats during the ceremony.
The ceremony is videotaped and streamed live at gwc.aurora.edu/commencement; the video will be available for replay afterward.
Fresh flowers are available for purchase before and after the ceremony, courtesy of Grad Flowers.
In the event that severe weather occurs during the ceremony, the President will immediately conclude the event. Campus Public Safety officers and university staff will direct attendees to designated areas of shelter. The ceremony will not be resumed; Degree candidates may go directly to Lewis Hall for graduation photographs.