Contribute to your education and to the George Williams community through the Work Experience Program.
- Participants receive $2,800 per year toward their tuition in exchange for 160 hours of work per semester (10 hours per week).
- Supervisors may request additional hours for specific students. If approved, they will receive the current federal or minimum state wage rate for the extra hours.
- Students may also be approved to work extra hours over break and “bank” them to carry over to the next semester and apply toward their 160 hours.
- Students who do not complete the required 160 hours will not receive the full tuition credit.
- The program is open to all students and is renewable annually for a potential savings of up to $11,200 in four years.
As student employees, Work Experience participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting a professional workplace. Students are expected to:
- Arrive for each shift on time and work to completion
- Perform duties at a high level with a positive attitude
- Consistently strive to improve performance
- Attend all required departmental meetings
- Obey college rules and state laws regarding safety and equipment use
- Record time cards honestly and submit them on time
- Dress appropriately for one’s duties and clientele
The following behaviors will result in disciplinary action and potential termination:
- Submitting a fraudulent time card
- Theft and vandalism
- Using alcohol and/or drugs
- Horseplay that threatens safety
- Physically and or verbally abusive behavior
- Infraction of department guidelines